Old 11-17-10, 10:59 PM
drmweaver2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by safariofthemind
You are honest drmweaver2. Respect.

The same can be said for other groups such as AARP, AAA, etc. We all benefit, but we can't support them all. I am happy to pick a select few for my dollars, and ACA is one. As long as they are around, it's all good. But if they are ever in danger, I hope we all can rally and stick together. Paraphrasing Ben Franklin at the declaration of independence: "We all hang together now, or we'll all hang separately later". Wise old fox that Ben.
Actually, I'm of the mind that, as a taxpayer, I have the right and responsibility to expect my representatives to legislate FOR ALL EQUALLY. Throwing additional money to what are essentially lobbying groups is a waste/duplication and an abdication of my right to demand appropriate action(s) from the government. I expect legislators to pass appropriate laws and the executive branch to enforce the laws - both against cyclists and against motorists who "don't share the road" according to the law. If the law is already there and not being enforced, then what good does advocating for more laws do?

Where I see things failing is in the judicial branch.

Personally, I don't need wider shoulders - I much prefer the "lane", it's cleaner, 8 feet wide, and the law already says I am entitled to it.

Like I said, I'm a curmudgeon - a cheap one at that.

Last edited by drmweaver2; 11-17-10 at 11:03 PM.