Old 11-18-10, 01:52 PM
wrote4luck

Bikes: 2008 Cannondale Six 13, 1980 Dawes Super Galaxy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Opinions on new bike needed (to buy or not to buy)

My venerated De Rosa is getting up in years, and I fear it will be time to replace the old steed in the near future. I am in a situation where I can afford to get pretty much any bike I want, but I am not too read up on the new 11 speed stuff out there.

What I have now is an aluminum De Rosa with Dura Ace 9 stuff on it. It's a good bike, but at 7 years and a lot of miles on it, I think it's time to retire it to the stationary trainer. I plan on getting pretty serious about racing again next year and kind of want the latest and greatest technology that's out right now.

I am coming off of a 4 year Army tour that pretty much took me away from my passion (cycling) for the entire duration. But, all good things in life come with a price. The best part is that now I will have the choice of moving to either Colorado Springs or Seattle so I will definitely get my chance to train like I want to. I won several collegiate and USCF races in the mid 2000's in college, and I miss that feeling.

I'm thinking hard about the new bikes with integrated seat masts. Perhaps one of the Look offerings. Also have been considering one of the Blue bikes. I briefly had an RC4 and it was a nice bike. Looking to keep it right at the $4k mark. I think that will build a badass bike. The bike will be ridden roughly 250 - 300 miles a week with a full season of racing to go with it.

What are some good offerings out there that I may be overlooking?