Old 11-18-10, 10:26 PM
Henry III
is just a real cool dude

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 14 Posts
Raleigh CL score!

I like many have missed just by seconds on those awesome finds. This time I was the first person and had that smile that couldn't be jack hammered off on your way to pick it up and on the drive home. The frame I knew was going to be a bit too big but I knew it was something that would sell easy and pay for itself hopefully. The seller was a pretty cool guy who used to race back in the 80's and stopped after back surgery and the stuff sat in his garage for twenty some years and just decided to part with it. He was telling me it was a warranty replacement as he cracked the other frame and Raleigh UK sent this to him in place of it. It's a Gran Course with Campy GS cranks, pedals, headset, calipers and shifters. I mostly wanted it for the Campy parts to put onto another frame I just picked up that's my size. The best part is I have to go back in a few days to pick up a set of tubular wheels he built that have Super Record hubs, skewers and Mavic GP4 rims for 50 bucks and campy freewheel! He just tossed some Suntour derailleurs on it to hold the chain on. I'm soooo pumped! The frame is white with a blue fade on the bottom of the tubes. Where did the Gran Course fall in the Raleigh lineup? From what I've seen it was sold as just a frame and fork. Everything was picked up for 125 so did I do good and then 50 for the wheel which are spotless and true.
Pics