Old 11-19-10, 07:52 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,990 Times in 1,777 Posts
Originally Posted by vantassell
I think the P7 with extra batteries is a better deal. Building your own 14.4 volt MR16 setup is pretty easy and super bright. I've gone from 2 x P7 (more or less a magicshine), to a DIY over volted halogen, to a dynamo powered supernova. I think the DIY halogen gave out the most light, WAY better than the P7 setup, but I started to get sick of the battery pack and wires so I made the move to dynamo power. The supernova is bright and has lots of light, but since it's such a narrow blue beam (versus the warm yellow halogen light) it seems a little darker at first. I don't feel like i'll outrun the supernova, even though it seems a little darker than my old halogens.

Unless you're really opposed to doing a little soldering (or I guess you could crimp it) i'd go the DIY halogen method > P7 > MS with battery pack.
Any details on the DIY halogen setup you made?