View Single Post
Old 11-19-10, 10:07 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2331 Post(s)
Liked 5,020 Times in 1,786 Posts
Originally Posted by slowandsteady
Depends on the butt in question. Some people can ride on a bed of nails or even...a stock saddle with comfort. Others get along fine with any number of good plastic saddles, while still others can't tolerate anything but a Brooks.

The OP spent over $300 on saddles before settling on the Brooks. This is a common experience of Brooks devotees. That is why they are so highly rated. Because many of the people who end up owning one do so because they suffered on hundred of dollars of other saddles first. I had the same experience. I literally couldn't ride more than 45 minutes on any saddle(tried dozens) until I got my brooks. Now I can ride all day or even multi all day events. World of difference.
Exactly!!!! Any other saddle I tried turns into agony real quick. The Brooks just melts away as the time goes by to the point you just don't notice them.