View Single Post
Old 11-19-10, 05:44 PM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 506 Posts
Well, what I was trying to offer was a focal ride, to answer the "you didn't even have a ride!" objection, and within 1 day/1 way of a large part of North America. There's not restriction to having supplemental rides and activities. I don't know I could do a lengthy supplemental ride just before or just after an OHR 100, but we've been saying there are many ride opportunities in SE Michigan, including simply a tour of the areas around Ann Arbor, Saline, and Milan.

But, I have a ride, and it's a great one.

I did think there was a flavor of "make a ride, and then leave us alone," but now we want a fully scheduled thing? My solution to a post-OHR recovery day is yard work. I'd love to have a dozen BF50-ers to help me.

Notwithstanding my confusion, I offer assistance to help others here to join in the OHR 60, 75, or 100, attempting to line up an "official" 50+ hotel, and set up a 50+ dinner. I will also provide a list of suggested restaurants and venues for additional meals, but I'd need to know your chosen lodgings. If desired, I'll help with info about other available events before or after.

We do have some great bars, and in town is one of the greatest Chicago-style pizzas anywhere including Chicago.

So it's not just a ride - it's a holiday, if you want one.

Or go elsewhere, if you don't want this one. But few other organized rides are as well-managed as this one, or feed you as well.

Ok, now I'm going for popcorn.

BTW, I bumped up BOTH old threads.

BTW BTW, you can all do the OHR without my assistance, too. Centralization is not necessary to have a nice bike ride.