View Single Post
Old 11-20-10, 10:08 PM
ModeratedUser150120149

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Road Fan
If, Lat, we're talking about an Ann Arbor event, then I've been talking about being that local who could receive shipment of your bike. Was that not clear?

Not paying for your shipping, though!

Fed Ex Denver to Ann Arbor was around $70 1-way, if I recall correctly. You can call and find out for sure. LBS's packing charge was $45.

I handled this for my cousin and her friend, who came to Michigan to ride the Shoreline MUP tour with me, last summer. No problem.
OH...I guess I didn't read closely enough. I thought the Ann Arbor was just a "for example". That is too far from anything else I would do on a trip to the States. The other factor is that summer is tourist season. To get the flights I want at a decent price I need the schedule by Feb. If I'm lucky I can get tickets as late as March, but that is luck.

Also, I wasn't wanting anyone to pay anything of my expenses. I was just observing that cost is a big factor Also, that the rental car companies I've used don't like you to add racks, hitches, etc so I can't cart the bike around locally on the car. That means some kind of local support.

I'll be back down in Denver the first part of July, God willing. So, Texas, Oregon, Missouri, etc would be good places for me if the timing works to tack the ride on the trip.