View Single Post
Old 05-20-05, 11:04 PM
Mikey_C

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Screwed by LBS..Again?

I try to support my LBS as much as possible. I have a few in my area(where i live...theres too much of everything) but I have been utilizing one particular shop for all my repairs and although they have switched owners I have gone to them for everything. I sent my bike in for a tune up, get a call the day after they assured me it would be done in the first place and they asked if they can put an new chain on as well as some cables. Understanding its beyond the realm of a tune up and as well as the fact that after 2+ years of riding it may need it, so my 59.99 tune up just went up $40(including brake cables).

Turned out to be a sram chain, on a full shimano ride, no complaints, till i ride it and it never wants to get out of the middle ring.

Do i have a problem to bring up with my LBS??

Oh and the again thing. Well the previous owner(of the LBS) offered to upgrade my brakes when I was a virgin to Cycling in general. Showed me catalog, told me "that will run bout x if you go with y levers to make it stop nice". Turned out that x when up about 10% the charged me 40% above msrp for levers plus mechanic rates to install along w/ cables(ended up about 4x what I thought it would be. Needless to say that I "maintained" my own ride for a good 2 years