View Single Post
Old 11-24-10, 10:44 PM
balto charlie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 99 Posts
Hey Max: You're right but I feel the BBC rides will go on as always. Perhaps not as many, nor as large but they will always carry on. Like you said there are many people that like an organized cue sheeted, sign-up ride. I have never been a club joiner myself. I joined the BBC to ride with you folks and because I am starting to do some bicycle advocacy. I seldom go on BBC rides, GB's rides are the exception. Bob's ride are really well organized and folks actually ride with each other. Many BBC rides are not like this. So I always ask, why go on a group ride if the group ain't a group. More trouble than benefit. I think clubs have always been a place for similar minded people to meet and do their thing. Since many people meet via forums, facebook etc the need for organized clubs diminishes.
I like the new meetup group because it's in the city. Few BBC rides venture inside the city limits. Seems most of my riding is in the 'burbs so this offers a nice change in pace. I hope to make some of their rides but as is often the case, when I will realize I have a few free hours, I'll just jump on the bike and roll.....alone.