View Single Post
Old 11-26-10, 11:59 AM
cslone
Quarq shill

Bikes: 08 Felt F4, 05 Fuji Team SL, 08 Planet X Stealth, 10 Kona Jake the Snake, 03 Giant OCR flat bar.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
When I first started riding, I climbed way over the front end and occasionally may have made contact but nothing that sticks out as a huge problem for me. I watched(or read) something talking about proper climbing technique being far back so the weight is more on the rear wheel. Once I switched to that, I got faster up the hills(which is relative because 1. I'm in Ohio, we don't have hills where I'm at and 2. I climb like a semi truck) and any potential problem went away.
When I first started riding, I borrowed a friends 58. He's the same height but leggy. I was uncomfortable from day 1. I ordered a 56 and the team fit guru called before my order came in and said, no way, let me measure you. He came out shaking his head suggesting a 56 TT. The local tri geek fitter came up with the same measurements, 56tt and 56 seat tube. He said, "You are the reason I hate generic fit charts." Somehow it just works. My new bike is a 56stx56tt and it fits like a glove. I had no adjustment period to it at all. Comfortable all day. Now if I could just find a saddle that worked like that.