View Single Post
Old 11-28-10, 05:03 PM
bikesgocrunk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I picked up a hot pink Diamondback Master TG last week for $50, having been "weathered" for a number of years. The serial number is U01021164. I've already stripped the frame down and filled in the major rust spot. It's got all Shimano 105 gear, in shockingly good shape. The bike must not have seen many actual miles, as the chainrings and cassette are barely worn. Here's a link to a flickr album with some photos of the frame before & after stripping - http://www.flickr.com/photos/4102109...th/5202836620/

I'd be curious to know exactly what the frame tubing is. The frame, with the headset & paint, weighed 4.6 lbs on a digital bathroom scale. I expected it to be heavier, and I'm quite pleased with the result.

Haven't decided what color I'll paint it, as I'm working on getting my main fixed gear ride back on the road after from frame modifications. The plan is to lace the 105 hubs into 650b rims and run 38c tires, since there's just no room for anything bigger than a 25c or so and I prefer to avoid running smaller than 32cs due to local road condition, wrist injuries, and my proclivity for finding and following any dirt roads or trails I find. I'm excited to get this bike built up, as I haven't had a geared bike for a year or two and the wind and cold weather really beg for a variable drivetrain.