View Single Post
Old 11-29-10, 06:15 PM
Capocaccia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok, maybe I need to take a second to explain something.

Rap and hip hop are two different things. Im not going to define them as their definitions are plastic and ever changing. However, when you hear an "artist" on the radio of popular "rap" song, they typically purchased their beat, lyrics and style from third parties.(not to mention the auto-tune) Hip hop artists (or what I consider them to be) have major influence in the production of their music including writing their own songs, beat development, and studio work. While Kid Cudi may have some talent, you wont see much of it until he gets enough money to really work with his own label. If you take a look at things, most all great hip hop artists have had to start their own label or collaborate with others in order to produce things that arent radio ready and have musical quality.

I mean ya, the **** you hear on the radio is just that. But, if you all got off of hip hops back for a second, dug beneath the surface, you might just be amazed at the knowledge that is spoken faster than you can think and to a rhythm your bouncing to.