View Single Post
Old 11-30-10, 10:51 AM
pgjackson

Bikes: Rossetti Vertigo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 70 Posts
OP, there is nothing wrong with BD. Some people prefer to buy from local dealers vice huge mega stores. If you are new to biking and not sure you want to plunk down a huge bag of cash for a "decent" road bike, you can get similar bikes for much less on BD. If you are new to the sport, you will have to factor in the cost of having a dealer assemble you bike when it arrives, which might negate any savings you get from BD. Most local bike dealers include free adjustments and service when you buy from them, which is another factor to think about. As a newbie you don't need the "latest and greatest" in components and frames. You don't need a $3000 16lb bike with $300 pedals and a $400 carbon handlebar and seat post.

I was ready to buy from BD, but my local dealer had a great sale with a lifetime service contract, 10% military discount and 10% store credit and all that so I bought local, plus I got to take the bike home that day. But don't let anyone here make you believe BD is some kind of evil. The important thing is that you get a bike you can afford and get out on the road.

Last edited by pgjackson; 11-30-10 at 10:55 AM.