Thread: fear of falling
View Single Post
Old 12-06-10, 01:46 PM
cycleWV_23

Bikes: Trek Mountain Track converted to a CX, Cannondale R800 frameset being built up

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jaredcasper
The other day I was climbing a hill that I find a bit scary to descend. I was on a straight section a couple hundred yards or so in length when a rider came around the corner in front of me. As he came out of his turn he almost instantly sat up in the saddle while grabbing his water bottle in one smooth motion. He rode no hands while calmly sipping a drink. Just as I thought he was going to fly off the road no handed, as smooth as ever he leaned forward and slid the water bottle in as he leaned into the next turn. He had to be going well over 30 mph during all of this.

Maybe you all could do that in your sleep, but I was impressed. I learned then just how much confidence and skill I have to gain, and that I want to go see a professional road race in person, watching it on TV just isn't the same (and I'm guessing this guy wasn't even close to professional).

Ill say this....say I go out and ride 6 days in a given week....I'll see something that someone else does on a bike that impresses the hell out of me on at least 4 of those days!