Doctor Morbius
Interocitor Command

Bikes: 3 Road Bikes, 2 Hybrids

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by terrymorse
Don't give the kid false hope. At 16, I weighed 135. My weight hasn't changed since then, and I'm 47.

People would tell me "wait 'til you're 40". Yeah, right.
You're one of the lucky ones actually. I'd love to go back to my College Sophomore weight of 185.

One of the main reasons people gain or stay the same over the years is due to genetics, You and Sarsp most likely have been blessed with an Ectomorph body type. Chances are you'll be much healthier in the long run than the bulk of the population and you'll excel at endurance related activities as opposed to burst sports. Myself, I've been blessed with a combination of two body types - Endomorph and Mesomorph. I can gain weight (including muscle) pretty easily but I never have a ripped look and it takes rediculously low calorie levels to lose weight. That, unfortunately, is accompanied by severe headaches due to hypogycemia (sugar problems run in my family). I thought cycling for 8 - 10 hours a week would help me lose weight but I ended up gaining about 25 pounds instead. My quads are now the same size as they were when I used to do heavy squats and bodybuilding back in the day. Weird.

Last edited by Doctor Morbius; 05-23-05 at 10:32 PM.