Old 12-12-10, 11:44 AM
coasting 
Still can't climb

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
3 feet rule for cyclists?

I hate it when a car comes too close when passing but today I had a cyclist come way too close and nearly caused me to crash. I came within inches of running off the road.

I was going up a steep slope where it would be better to stand than sit but I sat so I could work on those particular muscles for climbing in the saddle. I heard someone approach from behind, panting heavily and when he passed he brushed my shoulder with his. He was wobbling all over the road with the effort of getting up the slope and his back wheel nearly touched my front wheel as he crossed in front of me.

I was so shocked, I gasped and said "sht" out loud as I slammed the brakes on to avoid wheels touching. He just raised his hand up and carried on. I would like to think it was a hand gesture of apology but I'm not sure.

No @coasting, you should stay 100% as you are right now, don't change a thing....quote Heathpack