Thread: Swift folders
View Single Post
Old 12-12-10, 12:45 PM
nish2575

Bikes: swift folder(alfine 8, marathon plus, crossrack, klickfix freepack)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by buelito
what a lot of information! I have a quick question. Will the BikeFriday trailer setup work with the Swift?
thanks-

train safe-
not sure what you are asking. but i take an amtrak train 2 times per week now for a short hop. they don't even look twice when i bring my folded swifted on board. but it doesn't fit in any official luggage areas except the clothing hanging closet near some doors. i usually place in the big space in front of the handicapped seats, which they advise me to do. the dahon's do fit inside the oversize luggage racks at end of train compartments. my old brompton used to fit in the overhead luggage!

recently, the late night train guys have said i don't even need to fold before i get on, if i don't want to.

but, some annoyances, if you are getting off on a small stop, sometimes they only open one door, and its not the same door you came in on. that means you will have to walk down a narrow passage between passengers for 1 or 2 trains with the heavy, awkward bike with one arm in front of you. from that experience, i've learned, just a minimal piece of velcro strap aroudn joining the two tire rims will stop the front wheel from flapping freely. and take off your crossrack to make the shape a little more manageable.