Old 12-12-10, 05:12 PM
irwin7638

Bikes: Sam, The Hunq and that Old Guy, Soma Buena Vista, Giant Talon 2, Brompton

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked 109 Times in 49 Posts
The elves of Rivendell are delivering for Christmas!

I got notice from Rivendell that they would be getting my Hunqapillar frame from the painter and would hopefully be shipping it later this week. I know a lot of people have misgivings about this frame but it is exactly what I was looking for: a stout touring frame which has the clearance to be used off-road on occasion-as compared to the Bombadil, a mountain bike which could be used for touring. I put a more detailed (and somewhat whimsical) explanation of the decision on my blog if you care to read it, but I am really looking forward to it. Being a bigger guy(my best lean weight is #215) I've had a lifetime of riding light frames which feel spongie and flex under pressure and, although mine is smaller and has one top tube, the diagonal tube everybody complains about would not have kept me from buying it. I think it is perfectly sensible for bigger riders. I will be posting info on the build as soon as I get it.

Marc