Old 12-12-10, 05:14 PM
Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 96 Posts
I have been told I am a really decent bike fitter and this just stems from a lot of experience in the shop and as a rider and I have a good understanding of physiology and bio-mechanics.

I could take all your measurements and put those into a calculator and I'd probably be way off but can use some of that to determine a base, use your feedback, and really make close observations when you are riding to determine what needs to be changed to improve your riding experience.

I prefer to watch people ride real bikes as I can then see how they adjust to different inputs rather than use a static bicycle / trainer as riding is not a static activity... and sometimes the smallest change will yield amazing improvements.

My friend was having a lot of issues with his new touring bike fit and he is planning on riding around the world... since we ride together a lot I have had lots of opportunity to make observations and suggest changes to his set up and now his bike is dialed in so well he could live on it.

For some reason the bike shop set things up far too aggressively (he has lower back issues), had his saddle position wrong, and did not give him any help when it came to setting up his cleat position on his shoes (which are new to him)... when you spend $2500.00 on a bike you expect that it should be comfortable and not a torture device.