View Single Post
Old 12-12-10, 07:56 PM
Doane

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus with fenders, rack

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, everyone.. I had to think a minute about what age I am, but, ya, March '45, so I guess I'm in.
I got back into bikes about three months ago.. bought a cheap $200 Schwinn 7 speed cruizer on line, rode it back and forth to work for a couple of months and enjoyed it so much, and enjoyed how obviously better feeling it was making me physically and mentally I decided to upgrade. I then sold the Schwinn and bought a commuter bike, a KHS 2010 Urban-X. Fenders, rack, chain guard, 21 speed, como frame, 26" wheels with 1.5" bullet proof tires.. really a nice bike. Have since added a horn, flash light holder, rear blinker, rack bag, WordLock cable, and my newest addition that I just tried out today is a Brooks B17 Flyer saddle. Took a long ride up the coast and the first thing I noticed is that the springs work much better then the stock seat, also it is more comfortable and I haven't even broken it in yet. Still playing around with the for/aft position and tilt, but it's getting better. I even had a couple stop while I was stopped and adjusting the seat, they remarked about the saddle, then pointed to their own Brooks and just smiled.