View Single Post
Old 12-14-10, 07:23 PM
Robert Foster
Banned.

Bikes: Lapierre CF Sensium 400. Jamis Ventura Sport. Trek 800. Giant Cypress.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by z90
By this logic, the cigarette tax should be used only to fund the encouragement of smoking cigarettes.
But I don't believe any private company is under any obligation to promote something they don't wish to. They sure wouldn’t support increased business taxes I shouldn’t think. There is no law yet that I know of that requires anyone to have the same opinion or support the same cause. In fact they have every right to oppose any cause they want as well.
We don’t have enough money for the support of infrastructure of our highways from the gas tax to start with. Taking any away seems counterproductive from that standpoint. I guess if you required cyclist to insure their bikes with AAA they would be more responsive rather than having to rely on their charity to support a position. Still if one individual in a company doesn’t agree with a stand on how taxes are spent I hardly feel it calls for brown shirt tactics to change their minds. If people don’t like their business stand I believe there are other insurance companies out there aren’t there?

Still the gas tax was established as a user tax. It doesn’t meet the needs it was designed for in the first place and seems like a very unlikely source for non gas related building projects. It is nothing more than robbing Peter to pay Paul.

The cigarette Tax by the way is an excise tax so it has nothing to do with making smoking easier or promoting it.

But I don't believe any private company is under any obligation to promote something they don't wish to. They sure wouldn’t support increased business taxes I shouldn’t think. There is no law yet that I know of that requires anyone to have the same opinion or support the same cause. In fact they have every right to oppose any cause they want as well.
We don’t have enough money for the support of infrastructure of our highways from the gas tax to start with. Taking any away seems counterproductive from that standpoint. I guess if you required cyclist to insure their bikes with AAA they would be more responsive rather than having to rely on their charity to support a position. Still if one individual in a company doesn’t agree with a stand on how taxes are spent I hardly feel it calls for brown shirt tactics to change their minds. If people don’t like their business stand I believe there are other insurance companies out there aren’t there?

Still the gas tax was established as a user tax. It doesn’t meet the needs it was designed for in the first place and seems like a very unlikely source for non gas related building projects. It is nothing more than robbing Peter to pay Paul.

The cigarette Tax by the way is an excise tax so it has nothing to do with making smoking easier or promoting it.

Complaining about AAA stand on highway funding is like complaining about TV programming. If you don’t like it change the channel, turn off the TV. If you don’t like how an automotive insurance company lobbies shouldn’t a person simply not use that company?