Old 12-15-10, 08:19 PM
johnMATX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Buyer beware Gary Fisher and Trek now!!!!

I never thought I would see the day. My last Gary Fisher, a 2008 X-Cal ( purchased late 09 )with a total of 245 miles on it developed a crack in a weld where the top tube meets the seat tube. Took it into my dealer and just got word. GF / Trek agrees it is a quality issue so they will warranty the bike under the "Lifetime Warranty" sorta, they do not have a 08 or 09 frame (so they say) so I get 25% off a new bike....at list I might add. They said that is the best they can do. In this case, I get to spent $1200 with GF / Trek for a new bike, when all I want is a new frame. I guess if this one breaks, they will give me another 25% off. Thats just wrong. I can take the same $1200 and get a nice custom frame built, switch my stuff over ( most of which has been upgraded anyway) and have a much better bike. I guess that just me, but that is far from the "lifetime replacement" they advertise. Just be ware, if you buy a Trek and GF and it breaks don't expect them to fix it for no cost like they used to, even if it is bad workmanship.