View Single Post
Old 12-16-10, 06:09 PM
alcanoe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I got the book I referenced in part one. I've done all of three sessions of the intermediate-level exercises. When those are pain-free, you go to the advanced. Irrespective of the actual cuff damage, the exercises are all the same.

According to the book, my symptoms match with a torn tendon which is what I had repaired originally (and the offending bone shaved) some 15 years ago. It apparently can be healed by the exercises or not. It takes about 6-weeks. I have not studied the book much yet, just jumped into the exercises.

Far less pain at night and during weight training. Never has bothered me on the bike. I'm above a hundred pounds again on upright-rows having had to live around 60 over the past few months. Part of that was the discovery on Google that I had my hands too close on the bar which puts more strain on the cuffs.

Up to 30 sec on kneeling side planks with little pain which is a big improvement.

More than half the exercises are stretches. The author sites studies which indicates that one set of stretches per day is as good as more and holding the stretch for 30-seconds is far more effective than 15 and as effective as more than 30. Time and effort required are therefore low since you are only doing about 8 exercises with only one set for each of the light weight exercises of 10 to 20 reps. No warm ups required.

I'm not into stretching, so I appreciate quick and dirty. However, I just learned that as us old folk's age,our tendons get dryer which makes them stiff. That explains why I noticed that I've had more problems reaching down to put my socks on just in the last few months. So now I've added some leg stretches using the quick and dirty 30 sec. once per day. Only three days, but a significant improvement.
Al

Last edited by alcanoe; 12-17-10 at 07:23 AM.