Old 12-17-10, 03:46 PM
ScottStr

Bikes: Windsor Wellington 3.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hwycruiser
I have not been up to the Northside, we were unsure about where it went and conditions.
They got the trail fixed up to 23rd street beside Samuels. You have to ride on the bike lane on 23rd to the stockyards. The trail winds along Marine Creek under Exchange and Main. There are several places you have to cross streets and sometimes cross the creek on the street. For people who really don't want to deal with streets, it's not a friendly as the street-free trail from Gateway Park to Southwest Blvd.

On the up-side, there are a few nice places to eat that are really easy to get to in and around the Stockyards. One of my fun trips was taking the wife through Trinity Park, out through Will Rogers, between the Museums to Great Outdoors, on Camp Bowie for lunch.

The least pedestrian traffic on the whole trail system is from Taylor Street out to Gateway Park. Since I live on the east side, I start at Gateway Park more often than anywhere else. When the winds are high, like this weekend is supposed to be, I try to pick my starting spot so I can ride out into a headwind and have a tailwind on the way back. It would be nice if I could catch an incoming front so I could have a tailwind both ways, but it seems like I've only had the opposite.