Old 12-19-10, 03:42 AM
cinco

Bikes: Forty of them

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by DRietz, Velognome, Ex Pres, Henry III
Any chance you'd be willing to make me a set of toe clips?/You going into the handlebar cage business?
Err... umm... well... the toeclips are still being tested and I'm making another set for the owner of "my" LBS so he can give 'em a workout as well. I'm leery of making any commitments at the moment because I don't want to sell anybody something which will explode if they look at it cross-eyed and, of course, a few other nagging detail-esque reasons. Suffice it to say, though, that I do plan to make several more sets of clips and several more bottle cages once I get the designs completely sorted out and when I'm able to find materials that I'm completely happy with. It's a learn-as-you-go thing and I'm still learning in preparation to going.

I also have to say thank you to everyone for the very kind words and support. I've never considered myself any kind of artist and occasionally think that doing things like this is something of a waste of time. From a practical standpoint it probably is but that doesn't really matter, does it? It does me good to know that there are others out there who appreciate the unusual things I get up to in my spare time.

And yes, I've gotten somewhat behind in the application of campy-size brake hoods . Make them? No - rubber is mysterious to me. Buy them? Yes - money isn't nearly as mysterious .