View Single Post
Old 12-19-10, 10:53 AM
IknowURider

Bikes: 1991 Tomassini Prestige 1973 Raliegh Supercourse, 1975 Panasonic Sport Deluxe, 1983 Fuji S-12, 1975 Motobecane Mirage, 1983 Motobecane Super Mirage 1999 Trek 930 1989 Trek 930 ,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I too have toyed with the idea of getting a helmet cam, it may help fend off harassment, as it seems to make motorists think twice before rolling down their windows to chuck a beer bottle at you, or whatever stupid act they are thinking of.

Then again, do I really want to sit on my computer and re-live my bike riding in HD?

On Schwalbe Marathons: Apologies, not a product endorsement there, just using that as a lazy example, I should have posted:

" consider a wider tire with some puncture resistance. A wider tire will handle cracks, bumps and debris better than a 120 PSI racing tire, and so will enable the rider to survive riding in the "crap zone" of the shoulder , so he can gain his three feet of space".

If you really wanted to challenge motorists, (and invite further assaults) I guess you could always do something evil like mount a rusty nail on a telescoping car antenna on your bars . Then when they buzz you it scratches the hell out of their paint.

(disclaimer: I do not advocate this, never will, do not try this at home, always wear your helmet and be supervised by an adult at all times)

"HEY!!!"