monogodo
NFL Owner

Bikes: 7-Eleven Eddy Merckx, Vitus Futural, Catamount FRS, Colnago SL, SS MTB

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by apacherider
Dallas is a car town. No one walks there. No one rides there. If you do ride, you are considered an open target for abuse among the car driving public. Make no mistake about it. Not bike friendly. No one can even argue with me about this.

Now, do people ride bikes in Dallas and commute via bicycle? Yes. They sure do. Be aware though that they must make alot of very tactical decisions regarding their overall safety. Dallas car drivers are crazy.

Weather is great for riding. Winter and summer are not bad at all. There might be 10-15 days in the winter when riding stinks, same with the summer when the heat can get punishing. Otherwise its quite nice.
I walk to/from work every single day. I know/see lots of people walking in Dallas.
I ride in Dallas, as do many of my friends, and hundreds (or even thousands) of other cyclists that I don't know.
My friends and I rarely have any negative interactions with the car driving public.
Dallas is becoming very bike friendly, as has been mentioned above.
Dallas drivers are no crazier than any other drivers I've dealt with in the 3 other states in which I've lived.