View Single Post
Old 09-23-02, 07:02 PM
sammer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello all
Been gone a while due bad computer and work and riding, thought i would say hello. I have been catching up with Dwagenheim, pretty awesome. Did my first century in August, it hurt a bit more than I expected, but based on waht 1 of my ride partners went through, I am pretty sure that my BG saddle literally save my behind. Quite an experience overall, ride time 6:39, average 26 kmh with 2 (official) rest stops, leaders did 4:35.

Later that month I rode the local MS150 (which I extended to 210 km) and it was fun but of course seemed fairly easy after the century. I did the ride with loaded rear panniers to see how it felt - a bit unbalanced in the turns with nothing on the front. I am wondering now about front panniers vs a Yak trailer?

Someone had posted earlier that they wanted to hear progress with mu new Trek520. Mileage is over 2200K/1300 miles at this point and it has performed beautifully. There was a problem with one of the stock IRC Duro tires that I was unable to rectify - would you believe 8 or 9 flats in a row. I gave up and threw away the "bad" tire, kept the other IRC as my spare, and installed a new set of Conti TT2000s. The bad IRC did spoil a couple of rides but neither I nor my ridemates were ever able to find the fault that kept holing the tubes.

I love the bike - strong, secure, great drivetrain, reliable. Did not get to do any multi-day tours this year, but hopefully next year will be better.