View Single Post
Old 12-23-10, 10:17 PM
Hezz

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mtalinm
Ah, so safety glasses not ski goggles. Like the idea a lot. Can I just grab a pair ay Home Depot or is there some special brand? I didn't see onrpe in your post.

And does the snow really not stick to the safety glasses? I wouldn't imagine they would be designed that way, but it sounds like they work for you
The stickiness of the snow depends a lot on the area and humidity and the air temperature. Ski goggles can work for some people but it can get expensive to make them work with glasses and a cycling helmet. I'd try the safety glasses and cap approach first. If the snow is sticking to your glasses it will stick to most other things. But the safety glasses can be wiped off really easy and they will defog quickly. Goggles take a long time to defog and work better for those who ride fast and their head does not get very hot. When your head gets hot nearly anything you wear on your eyes will get fogged up if it doesn't have a steady stream of fresh air across it's surface. The safety glasses usually will defog faster. I prefer to use a single pair of prescription safety glasses that stay defogged even better. But when the snow sticks to them it is not so good. If the snow is falling hard the visor will keep about half of the snow off your glasses. This can help. But if your head gets too hot it will make it hard to keep any kind of eye cover unfogged. You will have to experiment to find out what works the best for you and your conditions.