View Single Post
Old 12-24-10, 03:35 PM
EmmCeeBee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gus Riley
Mark, just so I fully understand and can prepare for a crossing, did you ride against the flow of traffic over the Eads Bridge? Was it a lane, or a line dedicated? By satelite view it looks like a path that is separated by a cement divider? Do we get over to the south side (oncoming side) right at the Riverpark Dr. Junction, (where the road splits and starts an ascent to the bridge)?
There's a wide sidewalk on the south (eastbound) side of the Eads bridge -- better than a lane, in fact (I wrote "line"? that was a typo...). Like I said, I'm not a local, so this is only from our experience, but the Eads doesn't have that much (relative) traffic. So when taking the bridge into the city, we waited for a break in traffic and crossed the street at the Riverpark junction to the sidewalk side. We did this 4 or 5 times during our visit -- maybe there was a signal? -- and I don't remember any hair raising experiences. (Neither does my wife -- I just checked -- and she would remember such things.... )

The sidewalk on the south side has a few pullouts, perfectly positioned for sightseeing. The Arch hangs overhead and the skyline reflects off the Mississippi. We both remember that...

Hope this helps, have a great ride.

-- Mark

Last edited by EmmCeeBee; 12-24-10 at 03:38 PM.