Thread: Christmas ride
View Single Post
Old 12-28-10, 01:18 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by qcpmsame
Can I get some recommendations for cold weather gear for the south? I am looking for some full length wool tights, water proof gloves that aren't too bulky and some wool socks, perhaps the Seal Skinz that Stap recommended for the socks. Oh and a light weight riding jacket. Road riding only , no trails or MTB stuff for me any more. Thanks to all.

Bill
Cold weather in Florida? ? ? ?

On the jacket- Providing you can layer up then you need a windproof to keep the cold out. I know I keep on about the material but Pertex works but only if it is dry. There must be other materials that work just aswell but I know Pertex works. Sealskinz work in a similar way in that they keep the wind out but with the added benefit of being breathable and waterproof. Legs and it has to be well below freezing for me to wear leggings but I do have KNickers that are long shorts that cover the knees. And I have found the boot covers really keep the wind and wet of of the shoes so keeping them warmer.

Spike Milligan