View Single Post
Old 12-31-10, 05:33 PM
thanson77

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Minor bike crash + a few questions

Well, I was riding with my friend the other day on my Felt Z100 that I've probably only ridden 75 miles, when I hit a patch of ice (it was a very cold day) and fell on my right side and skidded for a bit. I was fine, with just a few scratches here and a bit of road rash, but I'm not sure about the bike and need some help.
The extent of the damage is as follows:

1. The brake hoods are all messed up. Im sorry if I don't know all the lingo, but the left one was pushed off from where it should be and i pushed it back, and the right seems a little bent as well. The shifters themselves are fine on the left, the right ones are a little bent.
2. The rear deraillur seems damaged. When I wheel the bike backwards, it makes a ticking sound and moves a little bit. Also, the r.d. shift cable has no tension. The deraillur pulley seems bent/off too.

Really what I want to know is if you guys think I'll have to replace anything, or if I can just get it repaired? Any advice? I'm a little new to this whole thing and I feel a little lost. Thanks and sorry for any ignorance!