K'Tesh
Commander, UFO Bike

Bikes: Giant, Trek

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
The 2011 Commuting Mileage Thread

I had a lot of fun in 2009 with the original mileage thread (let's not talk about 2010). Here again, it's another new year. So, out with the old and in with the ALL NEW 2011 model. We've got a lot of miles to get going on if we want to beat last year.

So, with that, here's the way it's done (based completely on swifty's idea, with modifications appearing in BLUE):

Originally Posted by swifty
This is a thread where us commuters can log our yearly commuting mileage in. Should be fun!

To add your mileage, just copy the list from the previous post and add your name and mileage at the appropriate line in the list. To update your mileage, cut your name and mileage line, and paste it at the new location according to your new mileage total.

[EDIT] For even more fun, you can even add your state's 2 Letter code after your name to tell us where you are... (added 2/28/11)

example: Let's assume the list is as follows:

John (OH)_______1200
Mary___________988 (Total 1350)
Robert (CA)_____500

I want to put in my mileage, so I copy the list above, and put in my name plus my current mileage total for this year:

John (OH)_______1200
Swifty__________803 (Total 1500)
Robert (CA)_____500

A week later I want to update my mileage, So I copy over the list from the most recent post, and adjust the mileage behind my name. As my mileage has become greater that the mileage of the person above me in the list, I cut and paste my name to represent the changed standings:

John (OH)_______1200
Swifty__________1100 (1800)
Robert (CA)_____500
Please don't color your state's code or total miles in blue, I only added the color to show where I edited in changes

Have An Even Better 2011!
K'Tesh (OR)

Last edited by K'Tesh; 04-01-11 at 09:15 AM.