Old 01-02-11, 11:25 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
To tell a little story...

When I was 11 or 12, I was given a GShock for my birthday or something. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS WATCH. I literally wore it every day until I went to college. I lost it around my sophomore year in college. Never even had to change the battery. This is the god-honest truth.

This, of course, was a time when there were no cell phones, computers where in school, there was only 1 vcr in the house, the cable box had physical buttons on it.

So, what do I think is an awesome gift for my 11 year old son? A GShock!! Yesss!!...Nooooo. I gave him one and I swear I don't think he's ever worn it. It simply doesn't solve any problems for him.

In college I wore Fossil watches, basically expensive-looking budget watches. They were shiny. I found that girls like shiny things. Gaudy, no. Shiny and tasteful, yes. Strange, but true.

These days, sometimes I'll use a Timex Expedition (below) and strap it to the handlebar when I'm doing interval workouts because it's easier to watch a second hand tick around than a digital seconds counter when I'm cross-eyed and about to pass out.