Thread: Hand Pain
View Single Post
Old 01-06-11, 05:46 AM
shorthanded

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hrm.. i'dve thunk that maybe if they backed your saddle up they'dve KEPT your bars rotated up to take up some of the ulnar nerve pressure. presuming the FIT was right-- i'd rotate your bars back a bit- but honestly-- it doesn't look particularly UNkosher-- nor that different save for what looks like a dropped saddle and rotated bars.

it takes a bit of time to settle in to new changes in fit, for sure, especially if you're WAY out for a long time-- but wrist pain is a super drag-- i'd rotate your bars first, and see if you can alleviate that as an intermediary step. i know that building up your core is super importante to keeping that at bay- but as i've always been told 'you should be able to ride and just hover your hands over the hoods without affecting the ride of the bike'-- i.e.-- there's not any pressure on the bars from your torso leaning on them- just a freehanging upper body in balance. that does take a bit of core strength to begin with. so if that equation works-- rotate your bars so that you're not super miserable for the time being, and git out and ride. i'm with rowan here-- take it slow, and adjust-- fitters can't see the tiny little parts of fit that you can from the saddle-- so there'll be a little finagling to do with the details.