View Single Post
Old 01-07-11, 02:21 PM
mihlbach

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 125 Times in 67 Posts
Originally Posted by unixd0od
Man eagle eyes too?! What kind of super human are you?

I totally didn't see that 3mm strand of wire coming, nor did I see the pebble sized pieces of glass, but those things must stick out like sore thumbs to someone with vision like yours.
Those objects tend to accumulate in certain areas, such as on shoulders and in gutters. You don't have to see them to know how to avoid them. I have to deal with as much debris as you do...but have developed that habit of avoiding the parts of the bikepath/road where they tend to accumulate.

Look, I'm not trying to be a jerk...all I'm saying is that Gatorskins are damn good tires based on the experience of lots and lots of people. There is probably nothing special about the conditions that your ride in. Lots of people ride in conditions that are just as bad or worse with lesser tires and they get by with few flats. I have found that I get fewer and fewer flats (regardless of tire brand) the more and more I ride..because I have learned how to avoid the crap. If you are getting tons of flats, don't automatically think that a new set of tires is the solution. I suggest you get a better set of tire levers and be more careful where you point your front wheel.