View Single Post
Old 01-07-11, 06:01 PM
Fynn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you were able to see wind currents as they hit your body, you would notice that there is a large concentration in the stomach/chest area. This applies in both summer and winter. Just look at a cyclist on a bike and see how we are shaped like a < as we head down the road.

Fortunately this is very treatable mainly because your torso is one of the easiest things to keep warm in winter cycling. You found that by putting on the unbreathable rain jacket. To address the stomach you need a midweight insulating layer next to your body, a windproof vest and on top of that a wind proof jacket.

That will fix your chest, the problem is that currents will still come from the bottom and make your stomach red. I solved this by having my tights made extra long by www.foxwear.com. While on the bike my tights rise up well past my naval while seated on the bike. That was the end of my red stomach after trying so many other things.

Again, the stomach and chest shouldn't get red. I ride down to zero Fahrenheit with no problems. However I used to get the same symptoms as you until i figured it out.