Old 05-27-05, 11:28 PM
FearTheHizzo
or just laugh...

Bikes: Kona Stuff, GT Tequesta

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well after lurking quite awhile tis about time i contribute something to these forums. Started mountain biking again around five months ago after a year long hiatus from any sort of physical activity. Mountain biking has gone hand in hand with a dramatic improvement in my life. Long story semi short i became a gambling addict at college and my grades fell along with my physical and mental health. A few of my friends decided it was time to intervene and explained to my parents the real cause of my decline. My parents decided it would best for me to not go back for this spring semester and for me to attend community college at home. That was probably the best change i possibly could of made with my life. I made gambling inaccesible to me by canceling my checking card and deleted all of my computer games i wasted my life away on. During this semester my grades improved dramatically along with my outlook on life i went from 145 pounds 6' to 160. My self esteem has atleast doubled. I replaced my old 1998 gt tequesta around a few weeks ago to a 2004 kona stuff and have been spending atleast 3-4 hrs a day biking. The progress in skill and health along with the experiences from biking have been some of the best times in my life. I enjoy everything about it and hope to eventually compete in some sort of mountain biking discipline. For a recent story yesterday went on a 30 mi or so ride in the forest and had a great time despite taking a nice fall at a christmas tree farm. I bunnyhopped a small ditch at around 25mph and then got taken out by a christmas tree as i overshot where i planned to land. The tree sent me flying onto my ass and elbow taking around half the skin on my forearm off. Ran out of water soon after. Good times.=)
- Just realized i forgot to use paragraphs ,but meh just skip it if it bothers you instead of whining about it=)