Old 01-09-11, 03:50 PM
Henry III
is just a real cool dude

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts
My First Bianchi!

Turn back if your expecting something cool, Celeste or anything close to being cool. lol. Short story first because because I like stories. After my trip to Madison for the Cronometro swap this past weekend I was planning on picking up a Bianchi hybrid that was on CL for awhile. No dice since I forgot his info but stopped at Dream Bikes. I heard they were more like a co-op store with stuff really reasonably priced so that's a big bonus for me. I was walking around but didn't see much besides a decent Paramount MTB for $200. After walking out I checked out the bikes they had lined up outside and noticed a Taiwan made Bianchi Nyala MTB made more into a hybrid for $100. I said what the hell as it in decent shape and had all the tune up parts done(cables, chain, tires) and it rode pretty good.
I wasn't looking for something crazy but just shifts stops and looks decent. But I was thinking of giving cross county racing another shot. I'll keep it rigid but toss some beefier rubber on it and tossing my clipless and some better bars. One thing that I noticed that was a bit odd was the frame construction. It has would look like lugs but then the tubes are TIG welded to each other. Just on the top tube and on the down tube were it meets up with the headtube. Mondo Bizarro! So anyway it's a Bianchi and my first. Sorry it's not that exciting. With my part selection it'll be more of a quasi CX build since I have more road parts then mountain parts.