xiao_li

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD9 R5, Shimano 105, Ultegra rear derailleur

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
adjustment or new saddle?

Greetings--

Looking for some input on what I think is a saddle issue. Yeah, it gets a little personal.

Lately (3-4 weeks) I have been having some trouble in the groin area. Basically, after about an hour, hour and a half, the testicles start to become uncomfortable. One in particular seems to move into a weird position. It's not painful, but it's really awkward. I stand up and it gets sorted out. I move around--sit back more, sit forward more--which helps, but doesn't fully solve the problem. Yesterday, after about two hours, it was getting ridiculous, I had to keep moving, standing, or just barely sitting on the edge of the saddle. It was definitely worse than it's ever been before, and this morning the right one is a little sore.

It seems to be more of an issue if I had recent sexual activity.

God, this is not fun to type.

A couple things that may be relevant:

1) In the past three months, I've really stepped it up and gotten a lot stronger, going for longer and harder rides (2.5 hrs, 50 miles, 4-5 times a week).

2) I've been using the same saddle for three years. Selle San Marco Ponza Lux, came with the bike. Never had any trouble with it. It's looking a little worn now--the pleather (?) cover is cracked in numerous places.

I've always kept the saddle level. Should I tilt it down a bit, or move it back some? Or try a new saddle? Of course, I'll try some adjustment before plunking down the cash. Just looking for input, similar experience, etc.

Thanks--