View Single Post
Old 05-29-05, 01:46 PM
pedex
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 501 Times in 397 Posts
best teacher is experience plain and simple, most "cyclists" I run into in many ways try to avoid it LOL, for example, in many cities group rides are usually done on the outskirts of town or out in the country, the city I live in is no exception to that,funny how that is isnt it?

some streets/situations arent always suited to bikes unless the rider is strong,fast,brave, and experienced, just the way it is, doesnt mean you shouldnt ride there or act like a car when doing so, but some common sense is always helpful isnt it?

bike lanes, there arent any here, glad too, they are worthless

I dont have a problem with advocacy per se, but this poll is impossible to fit into, I also find many that advocate "advocacy" pretty hypocritical most of the time, Ive spent way too much time on the street not to see that.I dont think the point of advocacy should be claiming one's right to the road, but learning to deal with the situation as its dealt on a case by case basis, and before you jump on someone's case like ive seen too many times(ride of silence for example), might wanna get your own house in order so to speak.This isnt directed at anyone in partitcular, but I think its healthy to recognize that cars will likely be on the streets for a long time, and bike riders too, there will be idiots on both sides of the issue.VC sounds and looks good on paper, but adhering to it 100% may get you killed, there's an old maxim, you can be right and still be dead.

peace