Old 01-14-11, 10:42 AM
Carcinogent

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CD? Ceramic??? Road rims for the mile eaters?

I cannot seem to be able to get a good answer from older posts on the same subject. So i know that mavic CD is NOT the same as their Ceramic2, the latter being what most of us refer to simply as ceramic rims. So is CD the infamous crack prone 'hard anodizing' widely discussed by Jobst Brandt?*

That being said i am looking to build a set of training wheels around Chris King Classic hubs. Mavic Reflex tubular will most likely be my rim of choice, however, unlike the Open Pro clincher, it is only available as regular silver and CD coating. Here it rains a lot so if i judge by the wear on my commuter rims (about halfway through the wear strip in about ~4000miles) i will most likely eat through regular rims in no time. So i think some kind of coating (like CD) might help me... Also changing rims/rebuilding a wheel with a new rim once a year might also be an option, however, i prefer to have to do that due to a worn rim not because of cracked hard anodizing.*

What is your experience? If Ceramic2 is what they say it to be, i could consider Open Pros but i'd rather go with tubulars.*

-Carcinogent