View Single Post
Old 05-29-05, 04:12 PM
pedex
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 501 Times in 397 Posts
I believe all vehicles at one time or the other have to break the law as strictly written at certain times in order to avoid bad situations, and thats the point Im trying to make.

As far as front street goes,its the same situation on both sides of the road, my solution, depends on where im going(im a courier), if Im staying on front street, I usually use my strength and speed to force drivers to heed me being in the middle of one of the lanes until im clear of the situation, and if I have to dodge an idiot motorist then I do so.Its a 25mph zone which I can exceed quite easily.Your average bike rider isnt capable of these things and often will be victimized by situations like this, I see that occasionally too.

As far as the non functioning light goes, thats a play by situation thing, depends on how much traffic there is, as a messenger Im subject to political things that others arent, for example, any moving violation is an automatic bike impoundment, and you will often be arrested as well, whether they have the right or not.Laws are fine, but the parties involved dont always obey them, on either side of the issue.Right or wrong has nothing to do with it, its the way it is like it or not.There isnt a provisionin the ORC for lights not being tripped by a bike rider,or in the columbus civil code, or in the county code.

VC is great, I have no problem with it,most of the time I follow it, but im practical and experienced as well, I live and work in the real world,not on paper.I will not and cannot lie or pretend how things are vs how they are supposed to be, sorry, I dont work that way.If it means Im breaking the law sometimes and "giving cyclists a bad reputation" then so be it."Cyclists" seem to be doing fine on their own with that.

Ever spend much time riding in a downtown situation day in and day out?Im not talking occasionally either, I mean real time, like in excess of 15000miles/yr?Just curious.I want to hear about some of your experiences.

Last edited by pedex; 05-29-05 at 04:20 PM.