View Single Post
Old 01-14-11, 06:07 PM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
Ideas for All-City Big Block build

A funny thing happened on the way to a bike shop. Went in to buy some bar tape, tubes, and a set of tires.

Ended up buying an All-City Big Block frame that they had taken the parts off of. The frame is brand new and is the red/white version which is only available in the complete build. Anyways, the price was right and I talked them down some more.

Now I have a frame, headset (black Ritchey) and a seatpost (black) from which to build a ss/fg.

Looking for suggestions and input. I like the gearing of my Madison which is 48/18, but am considering going to 46/17 or maybe 46/16.

Bars are either going to be risers with a little sweep, maybe 30 degree rise, 10 degree sweep. Or I also might go with Tiki bars. They had a Tiki bar there in silver and it looked very nice. I would use it with Tektro brake levers. I haven't checked, but I suppose it is available in black also. Seems like black is a good complement to the red/white frame. They said most of the components on it were black.

Need suggestions on cranks. I can't afford what I want in cranks right now, so how about feedback on $50 to $75 cranks?

Any other input would be welcomed.