Thread: My twitter feed
View Single Post
Old 01-15-11, 06:57 PM
mollusk
Elite Fred

Bikes: 2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Flatballer
well, I'm single, and make around 90k. Not sure where I'd be working, so I could end up getting lucky and getting a job outside of the city. I'm an electrical engineer, so there's a decent chance I'd end up somewhere outside of downtown. I currently work downtown at a utility, but I'm thinking of going into design work for electronics in a few years.

I'll be in Charlotte at least 2.5 more years until I can get my PE license. After that I may go back to school for a Masters in Power Electronics and then try to find a job in SoCal for that. Not sure where I'd go to school. If I can get a job as an employee where I am (currently a contractor) I'd probably stay here and go to school part time on their dime.
Smart. That job cannot be outsourced and most of the work force is approaching retirement age. I have steered a few kids that I like that had an aptitude for it to that area for the last 15 years.

School choice will be tough because it is not an area that has had lots of federal research money over the last 20+ years, hence there are not a lot of faculty in that area at the "good" schools. There has been a lot more Federal interest lately because of homeland security issues.