View Single Post
Old 01-17-11, 07:08 PM
HC203

Bikes: Madone 08,Trek520,Bianchi Pista,Raleigh Tandem,Cdale SuperV

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A bad age to be a grammar snob, I mean WTF? and OMG! I imagine the English language will a much different thing in 25 to 50 years. Back to bikes.

Brief ride report- I had planned to drive down to southern MD to do a DCRand ride but at the last minute did not feel like driving,and with the sit down lunch it would be a long day, 3 hrs driving. So I rode that Annapolis ride that I posted the other day. Left my house at 7am-rode through the city, Hollins Ferry Rd (bomb craters) to Hammonds to BW to B&A. My cue called to get off the B&A at East West Blvd but I overshot by a few miles, which was good because I was able to stop at that coffee shop off the trail in Severna Park.Mexican hot chocolate and oatmeal cookies.
Keeping dry and warm was an issue,managed fingers and toes just fine but my base stayed wet all day. I can't imagine lowering my intensity to a lower level,avg 14.8 for 8hrs.
So I got off the b&a at Evergreen right there after coffee shop. Rest of ride was just wiggling down through that area west of Annapolis, deviated from route here and there. Was going to stop in Annapolis but my mileage was already high and I was cold so kept on moving, even considered taking light rail from Cromwell to home while still getting my 100 miles. I knew I would probably wait forever in the cold for that train so kept on moving. Last few miles to home were slow. Didn't really eat much, gotta be sure to do that next time. Also not sure about solo winter centuries, it was a bit of a blur. 112.5 total.