View Single Post
Old 01-18-11, 08:45 AM
MDobrick

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jethro56
While I agree that Calorie In < Calorie out = weightloss. The real issue for the vast majority of us Clydes is Calorie In. So it becomes a matter of controlling hunger and portion size. I've been at weight-loss for 1 1/2 years and in that time I've never woken-up in the middle of the night and had uncontrolable hunger. I have gotton very hungry midday. So in the late evening don't eat just go to bed. Save those calories for tomorrow.
Portion size is KEY for me to maintain/lose/gain weight.

While riding in the summer, I can pretty much eat what I want, when I want, and how much I want. I am physically active enough to simply "burn it all off". When winter hits, I slow down a bit, and if I don't pay attention to my portions my weigh spikes in a matter of weeks. This year I was down to ~190 or so at the end of the season. I jumped to almost 220 within a month. Same eating habits, but my activity went down. I dropped back to ~215 by simply not eating so much. One bowl of cereal instead of two. Not getting the "large size" at the drive through. One slice of bread at dinner instead of two. Just quite simply eating less. My wife bought me a trainer (rollers) for Christmas, and I've been hitting them about 4 nights a week for two weeks now. I'm just starting to drop back to the 20x weight range now, and hopefully will be back at my 190's by the time spring hits in 2-3 months.

Eating smaller portions is the name of the game for me. Only took me 4 years of "yo-yo" in the winter-summer-winter transitions to figure it out!