Old 01-19-11, 11:32 AM
treebound 
aka: Mike J.

Bikes: 1995 Trek 520 is the current primary bike.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 39 Posts
For the written report it is my understanding that you need permission to include the borrowed image, and with that in mind I've also been told there is an academic usage allowance for reports written for a class and not for publication. I've also been told that "publishing" said article on some internet website might change things some.

H-Davidson Legal has gone after individuals selling their H-D engined custom bikes on the Bay and have had auctions shut down if the seller directly or indirectly included the H-Davidson name in the auction posting. The tattoo issue has been discussed many times as to why or why not does or does not H-D Legal go after tattoo shops and artists and those performing human engraving with corporate logo's.

Corporations and private individuals have gone aftter offenders and have sought retroactive recovery. I don't know any specific outcomes.

Coming to the internet to ask for legal advice is like coming here to ask for medical advice or to ask if a frame is safe to ride. Those who answer may or may not be opening themselves up to some potential liability should something happen or should someone get injured or sued. YMMV

If you're running a business then do your due diligence and keep good records. If it is just a hobby then the rules may or may not be different.

All my opinion and subject to verification or change or denial.

(Note: I'm currently in the bathroom relieving myself and I left my phone at my desk and someone else may or may not be typing this.)

<{[(Insert appropriate disclaimers here)]**>