Old 05-30-05, 08:41 PM
monster173
Easy Does It

Bikes: 2005 Fuji Ace

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi! I'm new to this forum and am re-learning how to ride (been 20 years since I had a bike) I've had my new bike 3 weeks and I'm spending some time with my Mom in New Jersey, a very flat area called Mystic Island. Great for getting a few miles on my bike. I set out today to ride 10 miles today. The day was beautiful, sunny with a bit of the wind. Five miles out took me down a road that ends at a bay that you can see across to Atlantic City from. First sign of things to come ... my foot gets caught in the clip and I almost land on my side. I turn around and start back. I'm about three miles from home and thought I might take a detour to make for a little longer ride so I go to turn around in a shopping center and at the last second I notice a lip on the driveway...too late. My front wheel is caught in the groove and my body weight is still in the turn. Both feet still in the clips, right leg slides into the driveway (that's my good leg), elbow hits the ground and then the helmet. Meanwhile, after such a beautiful day the clouds are rolling in and it starts to rain. I finish the ride with blood dripping down my leg and picked a few pebbles out of my helmet. First case of road rash since I was a kid. Made my Mom roll her eyes! Anyway, That was my day. Try again tomorrow!

Tina