Old 05-30-05, 09:11 PM
robo

Bikes: 1990 Burley Bossa Nova, 1992 Paramount PDG-70, 1993 Specialized Stumpjumper, 2005 Jamis Dakar XC Pro, 2007 Rivendell Bleriot

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Deal of the decade? Motobecane full XTR, Sid Team, 19lbs for $1595 shipped?

I'm having a lot of difficulty holding myself back from hitting the 'buy' button on this: http://bikesdirect.com/products/moto...e_fly_team.htm

It seems too good to be true. Full XTR, Rock Shox Sid Team, decent parts, light as heck frame, and all ofr under $1600, no tax, free shipping. It looks sweet too, from the photo.

I'm guessing that since it's sold mail order, it won't be set up so well, but i'm fairly comfortable adjusting brake and drivetrain stuff, and i guess i can take it to an LBS to check the wheel build etc.

Still.. damn... is there some hidden catch here? It just seems too good to be true. It's a lot of money for me right now, but i'm almost thinking i'll regret it if i don't buy it!!

Not many people seem to have this bike. Mtbr.com's reviews seemed pretty positive overall, but mentioned a chintzy saddle and some rear skewer problems... I assume that the problems is with the skewer, which i would replace anyway...

Talk me down here!